Vitamins Pembroke ON
Looking for Vitamins Pembroke, ON? Look no farther than Health Advantage Health Food Store, located at 1107 Pembroke St E. We’ve got a full line of liquid vitamins, plant based vitamins, whole food vitamins, and traditional multi-vitamin formulas.
Before we go any farther though, it’s important to know what a “vitamin” really is, so I’m going to load you up here with definitions. See if you get the just of just how important vitamins really are for your health and well-being:
Definitions of vitamin on the Web:
- any of a group of organic substances essential in small quantities to normal metabolism
- Any of a specific group of organic compounds essential in small quantities for healthy human growth, metabolism, development, and body function; found in minute amounts in plant and animal foods or sometimes produced synthetically; deficiencies of specific vitamins produce specific disorders
- A substance that is critical for proper functioning of a living organism that the organism is unable to produce in sufficient quantities for itself. antoine.frostburg.edu/chem/senese/101/consumer/glossary.shtml
- A key nutrient that the body needs in small amounts to grow and stay strong. Examples are vitamins A, C, and E.
- any substance required by the body to maintain metabolism, but does not provide energy or build tissue. Vitamins C, B-12, and B-complex seem to be mildly helpful in regard to anxiety disorders.
- organic compounds that typically function as parts of enzyme systems essential for many metabolic functions.
- A nutrient found in foods and that your body needs to work well. Not all foods contain the same vitamins, and some foods contain more of one vitamin than another. There are 13 vitamins that the body needs. …
- one of the six types of nutrients needed to sustain human life. Vitamins help form blood cells, hormones, and genetic material. Vitamins are found in meat and dairy products, vegetables, fruits, cereals, and grains.
- Organic compound essential in small quantities for normal physiologic and metabolic functioning of the body. Vitamins help regulate metabolism, helps convert fat and carbohydrates into energy, and assist in forming bone and tissue. Vitamins cannot be assimilated without ingesting food
OK, so now that you know how vitally important, in fact essential they are to sustain life, here’s a short list of the different vitamins we stock along with information about the different type of vitamins we have available for you.
Health Advantage carries Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B6, Folic Acid, B12, C, D3, E and other co-factors that are now being classified by some researchers as vitamins.(ex: Co-Q-10)
We carry all vitamins and multi-vitamins in capsule and liquid form. Our Greens Products also contain essential vitamins.
We stock Multi-Vitamins that are specifically designed for different age groups and gender including but not necessarily limited to:
- Pre-natal Vitamins
- Children’s Vitamins
- Adult Male Vitamins
- Adult 50+ Male Vitamins
- Active Adult Male Vitamins
- Adult Woman Vitamins
- Adult Woman 50+ Vitamins
- Active Adult Woman Vitamins
Perhaps it could go without saying, but our mutli-vitamin formulas also contain minerals (which is standard).
We stock an average of 10 different forms of Vitamin C and the related bioflavanoids. Some of our Vitamin C is in capsule form and we have pure powder and crystal available too!
So if you’re looking for Vitamins in Pembroke, ON, stop on by the store Mon-Sat 9am-6pm.